One of my favorite songs is Don't you worry child, by Swedish House Mafia. After reading the lyrics thoroughly, I see that the song is saying that everyone goes through very tough times and they may not see the light at the end of the tunnel. No matter what the issue is, there will always be a brighter day or time. That there's a plan for everyone's life and how things will turn out.
Here is an excerpt from the song:
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."
Yeah!
After some thinking, I thought is everything really going to be alright? I've heard many stories where people's lives are just a downward spiral. Kids who get abandoned at a young age and never have a mentor so they grow up not knowing what they are supposed to do or think. People who have had numerous traumas all their life and it never seems to get better. One trauma after the next. When looking at someone's life, it seems that there may be some bright times and some dark times. But to that person, they may never see the bright times. They may be so consumed in their depression that they don't believe there will ever be a bright side. Is there one set tone to one's life?
Lots of parents always tell their kids "It's going to be alright." It's probably the most common phrase that's ever been heard. It's obvious that you don't want someone to fret. Telling them that may just lead to disappointment in the long run. Lots of times, people blame it on " You told me everything was going to be okay!" Other times, it actually comforts someone when someone else tells them everything is going to be alright. Even if they are having a rough patch, they sort of rely on the fact that someone told them everything was going to be alright. Sometimes, that's how people pull through.
I really liked your post. I also like the song and know it has great meaning. I love how you related the lyrics, "don't you worry child" to when parents say "its going to be okay". i feel like that is what a lot of parents tell their kids to relax them. I do think things get better at the end. good job!
ReplyDeleteSydney
omg pia this is amazing. I love this song! I love the way you interpreted it, and you really got me thinking too. It is so true about how someone's life can be just like a complete downward spiral from beginning to end, but I think that by telling the child not to worry, and heaven has a plan for them, they are giving the child hope. They want them to just somewhat have a sense of belief or hope that somehting will be alright. Fantastic post!
ReplyDelete<3 Sarah